Your cart is empty
Come have a browse of what's in storeLet's go shopping!
The Design Institute of Australia (DIA) is a not-for-profit, and peak body for the design sector. It is a professional membership-based organisation with Branches representing each state and territory of Australia and a National Office in Melbourne's CBD. It has recently formed a National Advisory Council (NAC) Policy Committee and is seeking an experienced part time senior policy advisor to help develop and support a national policy agenda for the design sector.
Reporting to the CEO and working with the NAC Policy Committee Chairs and its members, the Senior Policy Adviser will provide high level policy, analytical and strategic political advice on design and creative industry policies and programs.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Policy Adviser’s role include:
• Providing advice, briefings, press releases and other outputs for the DIA as required.
• Analysing and reviewing complex policy issues particularly related to Design Policy, Intellectual Property, Innovation Policy, Industry Policy, Education Policy and Building Regulation and assisting the CEO with issues as directed.
• Working closely with the CEO, DIA President, NAC Policy Committee Chairperson and other DIA members to support and provide input into longer term planning, strategy development, grant application and sector profiling for the organisation.
• Developing strong stakeholder relationships relevant to portfolios across the industry, education, arts and built environment Ministries and relevant industry groups
• Other duties as directed.
Applicants need to demonstrate:
• Experience in design policy development and analysis.
• Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal and relationship management skills.
• Capacity to work independently, meet deadlines and work under pressure
• A strong network of key government and industry group stakeholders
Experience or understanding of parliamentary systems, industry and innovation systems and/or the Federal political system would be an advantage.
The role is for a permanent part time position (initially 8 hours per week with a view to expanding the role) and will be attached to the DIA ACT Branch, but reporting to the National office located in Melbourne.
Applications close Monday 19th August 2019:
Please send your cover letter and CV to;