2012 ADB Weekend for the Curious, Skeptical and Willing
23rd October, 2012
In five weeks time the 2012 ADB Awards weekend in Melbourne will be upon us, and we would love to see you there.
Thank you to all of you that have bought tix - we love you.
This year the ABD Awards' acknowledges all the work entered, along with celebrating the projects curated by our panel of judges. It's a space to appreciate the dedication and innovation that makes our activities so vital, lively and relevant. It's an event for all in our great community to catch up, compare, carry on, curse, hatch the future, comment and congratulate. It's a night we all have earned - if only every two years!
To satisfy the curious, skeptical and willing here's a preview of what's in store:
• There will be a great mix of emerging, established professionals, sponsors, partners and friends
• Jack Mussett warms up the weekend with a special edition of AGDA Vics After Hours on Friday
• Saturday, Artwalk Melbourne has a special design/art/walking series for those arty types, finishing up at Max Robinson's show at Block Projects
• The Forum space will be transformed by the 21-19 crew, Ryan, Dom and friends, along with five months exploration by a team of Monash design graduates
• The Awards and Party kicks off at 8pm with cocktails, catch up and feather puffing
• A skinnied down hour long ceremony will unearth 2012 AGDA Awards live and also on our purpose created ADB website by Che Douglas, Beyond the Pixels
• After ten years with celebrated Shaun Micallef, our 2012 host is Sydney designer Christopher Doyle
• Our ten judges will be profiled and their selection of over 350 AGDA Awards projects will be made public
• Pinnacle and each Judge's Choice projects will be recognised and awarded
• AGDA Hall of Fame 2012 will celebrate the 40-year distinguished career and legacy of a special design legend
• A short film Australian Designs documenting the judging and judging process in Adelaide 2012 by Earl Carter, Andrew Ashton and Scott Matthew with be premiered
• Plus more surprises
• Post ceremony food, more drinks, more catch up, and entertainment is flowing
• Post 10.30pm, our after party crowd kicks in
• Guests are welcome to find a quiet corner, on the edge or in the action
• From 10.30pm Djs Tom of W.E.P and Jordan - http://www.wavesatnight.com/ along with Monash grad VJs draw us to the dance floor
• Charged to bring the night home till 2am, the party will be wrapped up by renowned VJs Naysayer and Gilsun - http://naysayerandgilsun.com/
Book your baby sitter, buff, fluff and help us create a night that celebrates that special space occupied by creative thinkers, designers and makers - a once in a decade experience awaits.
Join us, Big tix at $165, bring the the studio too with our Little Big tix at $80
More to come and cheers,
Ryan, Amanda, Pete, Che, Simon, Dom, Dom, Dom, Rachel, Matt and Andrew
Big tix - click to purchase
8pm to 2am
Incl. cocktail, awards ceremony, drinks, food, publication and after party
$165 incl GST
Little Big tix - click to purchase
10.30pm to 2am
Incl. drinks, food, publication and after party
$80 incl GST
24 November 2012
* * *
This week's .gif project is from the student team at Monash Art Design & Architecture promoting the ADB I 2012 Awards party, thanks to Caiti Carroll and Brian Tungol for all your efforts.
The shouty ad is by - Rachel Horgan, Dean Gordon, Ralph Alexander, Justin Bedford and Nawaf Al Owain - thanks guys for your efforts.
Image design and concept - Caiti Carroll and Brian Tungol / Rachel Horgan, Dean Gordon, Ralph Alexander, Justin Bedford and Nawaf Al Owain - Third Year, Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication), Monash University, Art Design & Architecture
Sessional Lecturer - Andrew Ashton
Head Lecturer - Gene Bawden
ADB Creative Director - Ryan Guppy